Monday, September 8, 2008

First day of Preschool and last days of summer...

August was quite a busy month for us, but lots of fun. This week has been nicer here in I.F. but Fall is already in the air. I am sad to see the summer go but I am looking forward to all of the beautiful colors and fun things Fall brings: Football, Halloween, sweatshirts...ect. I am also looking forward for Carson being able to run around next summer (he really hates to be packed around in the car seat). However the thought of another toddler freaks me out!


Andrew & Brookie on first day of Preschool. Kate (Liebel) Larsen and I are doing the Preschool ourselves this year. She is the "Teacher" and I am the "Aid." Fun Stuff! It is pretty much impossible to get a great picture, this is the best of 10. They are too busy for pictures.

This was the day of Carson's blessing. These are the best pictures we got of the fam and the kids alone.
This is Carson's "Please save me face!" He wears it frequently when the kids are smothering him.
I had to put this picture in because this is how things normally look around here! Not quite put together :)

Next, are some pictures of our Sommer Family Bear Lake trip. We loved it and had a ton of fun with our cousins! We were beach bums all day long and loved the fun rides on Auntie Amber and Uncle James boat. This picture has 6 of the little cousins riding the Bananas.
Andrew is at the stage where he has a goofy expression in every picture but he is still a babe!
Auntie Amber made a great make-shift bed for Carson under the table...he was a happy camper(for that short nap anyway).

11 comments:

Woods: said...

First of all, I'm in shock that you FINALLY posted! Secondly, your kids are DARLING! I especially love the blessing picture where Andrew's sign around his neck says, "I Can Say 'I'm Sorry'". So funny. Thirdly, are you and Kate CRAZY? You guys have way too much energy for me! That's awesome that you are teaching the kiddos. I miss you guys! Thanks for posting! Keep it up!

Heather Madder said...

Love it! Thanks so much for updating us on your gorgeous family. BTW, let's do the Cabins Friday night and Sat.night, coming back into Gilbert on Sunday. ? Love you!
Heather

Ryan and Krystal said...

Hey Steph! Your family is so cute. I was sad that I missed you at Bear Lake. I went over Wednesday night to see Maggie before all the crazy family got there :) Sounds like you guys had a blast. BTW: the story about me on a date with your hubby...I totally don't remember that at all. I have the worst memory!

Anonymous said...

Steph, thanks for checking out my blog. Please call me if you ever want Brook to come play with my girls, they are always sooo bored!
Your blog is so cute!
Jules

Amy said...

Steph! It's good to hear from you. We are doing great. We are living in Ohio. We are hoping to move back west in the next few years. We will see what happens. We have loved it out here. Life is good. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. It's so fun to keep in touch with people.

Mindy said...

Ya, I'm teaching at Elite. It's okay except for Kristin (the manager). She tries really hard to make you feel stupid. And, I don't really like the boys class teacher. But other than that life is good! The pit is awesome- have you ever crawled around in there? By the end of class I'm totally sweaty (I think that should tell me something...) Anyway, I'm glad you finally updated! :)

Amy said...

Steph you look gorgeous (sp?) in those pictures. Your kids are darling and looks like you are staying busy as always. Don't know when I am coming down next it's an 8 hour drive for me now :(. Looks like you had a fun summer. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog your so awesome.

Stephens Family said...

Hey!!! Man, I am SOOOO jealous that you get to go to all of those games. We were going to try and go, but we are going to Mexico the week before Christmas so we are saving up our mula for the travel. I wish BSU would come here and play ASU...it would be such a good game!!! Have fun and think of me...I will be watching from home...thank goodness for Dish where we can order the games. GOOOOOO Broncos!!!!!!

Chy said...

ok so Andrew has turned into such a sweet little man! I was talking to him at your house and just amazed at how much he has changed, Brookie is beautiful as ever just like her mommy! Carson... aka little Kev such a sweetie pie:) I miss you guys like crazy, I hate it when we have fun cuz it just makes me miss you guys more:( Someday we will live close again even if our kids are in college!

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

Hey! I found your blog off Krystal's. Looks like we missed a good time at Bear lake but we got a bunch done for our move. I can't believe how big Carson is already. Do you ever wonder if YOU will have a baby? Or are we just going to let you do all the work and they can ALL be Sommer babies? I kinda feel like that until I see Avery. I'm hoping this next one looks like me too. Not that the other's are not cute but I do a lot of work to get them here, it's the least I could get. I'm sure you can relate. It's a good thing Sommers make cute babies too. Here is our address to check up on us too; jnrallenfamily.blogspot.com
We are going to try to come home for Christmas, hopefully we will see you then.

Jess,Von, and Samantha Higgs said...

I am good. I am tired alot. I think that I am so tired because I am still teaching right now. I am going to teach till I have the baby and then I am quitting my teaching job and taking the job of being a full time mommy. I think that is a pretty even trade! Life is good! That is so fun that you and Katie are doing pre-school. That is my goal someday. I would love to open my own pre-school. If I ever move back to I.F. I will have to join you and Kate in the adventure! Great to hear from you!